Sunday June 30, 2019 06:01
If you are responsible for Health & Safety at your workplace, it is likely that from time-to-time you wonder "How can I get my team more engaged with Health & Safety?".
You might be wondering how to improve communication and/or increasing committment to ongoing improvements.
5 Ways To Improve Your Workers Engagement With Your Health & Safety Activities
- Share health and safety information with regular Toolbox Meetings
- Provide your workers with the ability to record their ideas/input and have a say on health and safety matters that may affect them
- Take the time to interview your team in small groups or individually to find out more about how health and safety issues may be affecting them
- Listen to their observations, and allow them to have a say in the decision making process around such matters
- Keep your workers informed about the results of the engagement process, and what happens next
How To Communicate Health & Safety Information
Health and Safety engagement can be increased by using a variety of communication methods:
- Large group / small group meetings
- One-on-one meetings/interviews
- Health & Safety Signage
- Health & Safety Videos
- Health & Safety documentation
Health & Safety Documentation Formats
Ensure that your Health & Safety documentation includes a wide range of formats:
- Information sheets
You'll notice that different formats are more appropriate than others depending on the complexity of the information that needs to be communicated.
Visuals are a particularly powerful communication device if they are clear and focused in their content.
Why Is Worker Engagement With Health & Safety So Important?
If your goal is to provide a robust, safe and progressive working environment for your team, then investing in strengthening your workers engagement in Health & Safety is essential.
Need More Help To Increase Your Workers Engagement In Health & Safety?
Please contact your Securo Safety Consultant directly or call Securo Head Office on 0800 55 33 44, or email email@example.com.